Title: CREATIVE DECISION MAKING & PROBLEM SOLVING
Start Date: 30 October 2023 End Date: 03 Nov 23
Venue: Istanbul, Turkey
In any of the 5 star hotel. Exact venue will be informed soon.
Making decisions is how we cope with our environment and live our lives. From the decision to arise in the morning to the decision go to bed at night, we are constantly making decisions and frequently solving problems. Throughout each day we are confronted with a variety of problems and decisions that require a rational, thoughtful response. Problem Solving and Decision Making (PSDM) presents a structure, process and the tools to help solve problems and make decisions. This course is about proactively attacking problems and making timely decisions. The course is designed to help you solve work problems and make decisions to bring value to your company and your customers. In addition, the skills, processes and tools taught in this course can bring value to other aspects of your life.
Upon completion the participants should be able to:
- Identify the main obstacles that prevent problems from being solved in the organisation
- Understand the components required for successful problem solving
- Understand the importance of proper problem solving activity
- Use problem solving techniques to improve productivity and profitability
- Explain the benefits of having an effective and proactive approach to solving problems
- New business executives in the financial industry who want practical tools and skills in strategic problem solving techniques.
- Business executives and organizational talent-pool participants who desire actionable tools and skills to reinforce their career and management positions.
- Seasoned managers who want to brush up on new skills related to problem solving and decision making.
- Senior managers who want practical tools and skills in leading staff members towards enhanced problem solving and decision making techniques.
The Psychology of Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Group problem solving exercise
- Introduction: Why study problem solving and decision making
- A synopsis of psychological thought
- Values, Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Psychological type and Lateral Thinking for Problem Solving
- What psychological type reveals about me and my preferences
- Using a team approach to encourage lateral thinking: ZIGZAG model
- Individual or group decision making: case studies
Developing Decision Making Skills
- Using your left brain & right brain to make decisions
- Split brain theory for developing effective problem solving skills
- Developing openness to new ideas in making decisions
- Promoting idea mobility in teams
- Understanding the creative solving process in individuals and teams
- IDEAL problem solving approach
Bring a Franklin Covey Leadership solutions to train your organization
- Overcoming the Execution Gap
- Steps to Effective Team Execution
- Achieve Your Goals Amid the Day-to-Day Demands
- Creating an Accountability System
- Turn Strategy Into Action
- Your brain - discover how the structure and functions of the brain is mirrored by the design of a Mind Map.
- Learning to learn - understand how we learn new skills and how to overcome the fear of failure.
- How to Mind Map - learn the basic technique of how to construct Mind Maps.
- Practice your Mind Mapping Skills - with a range of note-making, note-taking and learning applications.
- Action Planning - a chance to think through how you are going to use Mind Maps in your work environment and how to benefit from the skills learned on the course.
- Advanced Techniques - an opportunity to develop the Mind Mapping technique and see the power of your thinking expand.
- Mind Mapping Exercises - the opportunity to practice a greater range of applications tailored to your needs.
Applying Effective Decision Making Skills in the Workplace
- Encouraging creative problem solving for continuous improvement
- Removing blocks to creative problem solving
- Convergent versus Divergent Thinking
- Divergent Thinking Skills for solving problems
- Using SCAMPER techniques to approach problem solving
- Applying SCAMPER techniques to make effective decisions
Making Mental Blocks to Decision Making a Thing of the Past
- Challenging self-imposed assumptions
- Thinking outside the box
- Increasing new ideas
- Getting people behind your
- Evaluating new ideas
- Creative leadership during problem solving and decision making sessions
Effective Leadership and the Dynamic Problem Solving Team
- Ensuring alignment with corporate mission
- Encouraging self-initiated activity
- Endorsing Unofficial activity
- Enhancing Serendipity
- Importance of appreciating diverse stimuli
- Practicing within-company communication for problem solving
- Developing a personal action plan
Pre & Post Tests will be conducted
Case Studies, Group Exercises, Group Discussions, Last Day Review & Assessments will be carried out.
Define Management Consultancy & Training Certificate of course completion will be issued to all attendees.
A highly interactive combination of lectures and discussion sessions will be managed to maximize the amount and quality of information and knowledge transfer. The sessions will start by raising the most relevant questions, and motivate everybody find the right answers.
You will also be encouraged to raise your own questions and to share in the development of the right answers using your own analysis and experiences. Tests of multiple-choice type will be made available on daily basis to examine the effectiveness of delivering the course.
All presentations are made in excellent colorful power point. Very useful Course Materials will be given.
- 30% Lectures
- 30% Workshops and work presentation
- 20% Group Work& Practical Exercises
- 20% Videos& General Discussions
5,500 US$ per participant for Public Training includes Materials/Handouts, tea/coffee breaks, refreshments & Buffet Lunch