Ref No: WC080
Title: Modern Welding Technology: Welding, Fabrication, and Inspection (AWS,ASME & API Codes)
Start Date: 30 October 2023 End Date: 03 November 2023
In any of the 5 star hotels. The exact venue will be informed once finalized.
- This training course provides the complex science of welding- processes, selection of power sources, weld metallurgy, weld ability of metals, testing and inspection techniques.
- Also covers welding processes, welding consumables, design of welded joints, applied welding metallurgy and heat treating, welding quality control, non-destructive testing and major International Welding Codes and Standards such as AWS, API & ASME.
- Appreciation of Weld Design, Development, Planning, Production
- Understanding the key welding concepts to design and produce quality welds, reliably and economically.
- Engineers from welding and various related departments such as Design, Planning, Production, and Inspection Welders, Technicians, Inspectors, Supervisors, Engineers and Managers.
- This is also preparatory course for AWS/CWI, CSWIP Examinations.
- Selection of Metals and Metal Properties.
- ASME Section IX and V
- Weld Discontinuities
- Visual Inspection
- NDT and DT Inspection & Inspection Procedures
- Overview of codes of construction
- Materials of construction
- Overview of fusion welding process
- Basic welding Metallurgy.
- Welding Consumables, usage testing
- Welding of plain caution steels
- Welding of low alloy steels
- Welding of Stainless steels
- Welding of dissimilar materials
- Welding of Procedure Qualifications
- Welding of Performance Qualifications
- Welding defects, process & detection
- Welding processes
- Concepts of SMAW, GTAW, GMAW, FCAW, SAW, RSW etc.,
- Safety precautions in welding
- Economics of welding
- Welding consumables
- Weld joint design and basic symbols , Metal Joining and Cutting Process
- Weld faults- causes and remedies
- Destructive and Non destructive testing
- Welding qualification WPS, PQR, WPQ.
- QA systems for coded fabrication, typical QA plan
Pre & Post Tests will be conducted
Case Studies, Group Exercises, Group Discussions, Last Day Review & Assessments will be carried out.
Define Management Consultancy & Training Certificate of course completion will be issued to all attendees.
A highly interactive combination of lectures and discussion sessions will be managed to maximize the amount and quality of information and knowledge transfer. The sessions will start by raising the most relevant questions, and motivate everybody find the right answers. You will also be encouraged to raise your own questions and to share in the development of the right answers using your own analysis and experiences. Tests of multiple-choice type will be made available on daily basis to examine the effectiveness of delivering the course.
Very useful Course Materials will be given.
- 30% Lectures
- 30% Workshops and work presentation
- 20% Group Work& Practical Exercises
- 20% Videos& General Discussions
5,250 US$ per participant for Public Training includes Materials/Handouts, tea/coffee breaks, refreshments & Buffet Lunch