Title: FINANCIAL MODELLING AND DECISION MAKING
Start Date: 16 January, 2023 End Date: 20 January 2023
Venue: Istanbul, Turkey
In any of the 5 star hotel. Exact venue will be informed soon.
- Learn financial modeling using advanced Excel tools.
- Build financial models through stepwise projection of Income statement, balance sheet and cash flows
- Learn business valuation using comparable and discounted cash flow approach
- Master Trading Comps valuation (P/E, P/B,EV, EBITDA etc.)
- Apply scenario and sensitivity analysis
- Learn circular reference technique and check sheets
- Differentiate key modeling techniques between Modeling for Mezzanine Capital Investments and modeling for Investments in convertible structures
- Conduct Merger and Acquisition Accretion Analysis
- Design Data Dashboards
Professionals and graduate students working or aspiring to work in the field of investment banking, project consultancy, private equity, corporate finance, asset valuation and equity research.
COURSE DAILY OUTLINE
- Overview of Financial Modeling
- Excel tools used in Financial Modeling including Data Tables, Nested Ifs, Index, Time Value of Money Applications
- FAST standards for financial modeling
- Structuring input sheet and structuring time sheet using timing flags
- Modeling for assumptions & inputs
- Business Structure & revenue modeling
- Modeling for & projecting operating expenses
- Projecting key schedules including debt/interest, depreciation, working capital and equity
- Stepwise projection of income statement, balance sheet and cash flows
- Ratio analysis and common size analysis
- Beta computation using regression models
- Computing cost of equity using CAPM and WACC
- Estimating Terminal Value, DCF Valuation
- Trading Comps Valuation (P/E, P/B, EV/EBITDA, etc.)
- Scenario analysis
- Form controls for scenario analysis
- Financial analysis of the project
- Debt covenant analysis and Check sheet concept
- Debt structuring using different types of financing options
- Free cash flow analysis
- NPV and IRR analysis for project
- Data Analysis and Dashboard design:
- Working with Charts and Tables in Excel
- Analyzing Data using Pivot Tables
- Principles of Dashboard Design and Reporting
- Making Interactive and Dynamic Dashboards
- Introducing Macros
- Summarization & presentation of a financial model
- Financing Mix and Accretion-Dilution Analysis
- Merger Mix Analysis
- Contribution and Breakeven Analysis
- Sensitivity Analysis using data tables and Scenario Analysis
- Charting for M&A modeling
Pre & Post Tests will be conducted
Case Studies, Group Exercises, Group Discussions, Last Day Review & Assessments will be carried out.
Define Management Consultancy & Training Certificate of course completion will be issued to all attendees
A highly interactive combination of lectures and discussion sessions will be managed to maximize the amount and quality of information and knowledge transfer. The sessions will start by raising the most relevant questions, and motivate everybody find the right answers. You will also be encouraged to raise your own questions and to share in the development of the right answers using your own analysis and experiences. Tests of multiple-choice type will be made available on daily basis to examine the effectiveness of delivering the course.
Very useful Course Materials will be given.
- 30% Lectures
- 30% Workshops and work presentation
- 20% Group Work& Practical Exercises
- 20% Videos& General Discussions
5,500 US$ per participant for Public Training includes Materials/Handouts, tea/coffee breaks, refreshments & Buffet Lunch.