Ref No: REFEE042
Title: Power System Protection in Utilities & Industrial Electrical Networks & Protective Relaying
Start Date: 14 February 2021 End Date: 18 February 2021
Venue: Dubai, UAE
In any of the 5 star hotels. The exact venue will be informed once finalized.
Delegates will gain an overall appreciation of the applicable standards and working practices for:
- Equipment Design and selection of Electrical Equipment
- Testing and Commissioning
Managers, Engineers and Technicians, responsible for the design, installation and testing of electrical installations, who require to refresh their knowledge and skills.
Equipment design, installation, testing and maintenance
- Review of basics of Electrical Engineering
- Generation / Utility side equipment: Generators, switchgears, industrial & Current Transformers, Fuse, Switch and Combination units, Circuit Breakers, Contractors, Protection and metering
- And Grounding, Selection of cables, Energy savings and reduction of losses due to power quality problems. Introduction to panel design: Switch gears and Switchboards System Earthing.
- Installation: cable laying, termination and earthing.
- Testing: Type test, Routine test, Site Test (commissioning test)
- Maintenance and failure reduction: Conditions Monitoring, Periodic Test, Visual Inspection, and Failure Reporting.
Power System Design
- Power system design issues, system stability, protection and control
- Power system modeling: Line sequence impedances, Generator sequence impedances.
- Transformer impedances, Per unit parameters
- Power system grounding
- Performance & design of transmission lines, design of EHV transmission lines, advantages and disadvantages of HVAC and HVDC
- Selection of sizes and locations of generating stations and substations
- Designs of distribution systems, economics of distribution systems.
Power System Electrical Transients
- Transients characterization, balanced fault analysis, Unbalanced fault analysis
- Three phase faults, asymmetric faults, Fault transients, Fault Monitoring / Recording, Effects of grounding, Grounding potential rise-safety
- Electromechanical Transients and Stability, System Stabilization
- Protection philosophy, Zones of protection, Protective equipment, overcurrent protection
- Overvoltage and Under-voltage protection, Over-frequency and Under-frequency protection
- Zone distance protection, Differential protection
- Pilot relaying, Computer relaying
Power System Protection & Control
- Principles of circuit interruption, types of circuit-breakers and switch gears
- SF6 power circuit breakers, voltage control, power system control
- Control of reactive power & power factor
- Interconnected control & frequency ties, supervisory control
NOTE: Pre & Post Tests will be conducted
Case Studies, Group Exercises, Group Discussions, Last Day Review &Assessments will be carried out.
Define Management Consultancy & Training Certificate of course completion will be issued to all attendees.
The latest educational methods and strategies are employed. The course is designed to maximize delegate participation. From the outset the goals of each participant are discussed to ensure needs are fulfilled as far as possible. Questions and answers are encourages throughout and at the daily wrap-up sessions. This gives participants the opportunity to discuss with other delegates and the presenter their specific problems and appropriate solutions. All delegates take away a manual of all the material presented. Only minimum note taking is encouraged to ensure maximum delegate attention during the seminars.
- 30% Lectures
- 30% Workshops and work presentation
- 20% Group Work& Practical Exercises
- 20% Videos& General Discussions
4,500 US$ per participant for Public Training includes Materials/Handouts, tea/coffee breaks, refreshments & Buffet Lunch