Ref No: REFPE050
Title: Process Plant Troubleshooting & Engineering Problem Solving
Start Date: 11 April 2021 End Date: 15 April 2021
Venue: Dubai, UAE
In any of the 5 star hotels. The exact venue will be informed once finalized.
Excellent Troubleshooting skills are considered a core competency for 'Best-in-Class' industrial companies. If your company’s goals include minimizing downtime then this workshop is a must because it delivers rapid, safe Troubleshooting. Register today.
Participants attending the programme will:
- Focuses on how to become a 'Top Gun' Troubleshooter
- Develop a structured approach to Troubleshooting and Problem Solving which uses a common terminology and shared understanding
- Point the way to Continuous Improvement in the way you run your processes and make incremental efficiency gains
- Understand the difference between having a techniques manual on the bookshelf – and actually making it work
- Identify the "motivated" people who should be the champions of Troubleshooting and Problem Solving – and who should just follow
- Understand work practices which "allow" success in Troubleshooting and Problem Solving
This programme is directed at:
- Supervisors who are involved in the operations function and who are responsible for leading and directing people to achieve and improve productivity levels
- Those faced with the challenge of actually using the various techniques of Troubleshooting and Problem Solving to reduce downtime and waste and improve run efficiencies will benefit
- It is of equal importance to Production, Maintenance Engineering and Process Engineering personnel
- The nature of problems
- Context – Asset based or Business Process based
- Structured approaches – 6 Big Losses, 7 Wastes
- Techniques introduction
- Tools introduction
Tools & Techniques – Practical Experience
- Problem Analysis
- Practical Use of Tools and Techniques
- Case Studies
- Project selection methods
- Tools & Techniques – selecting the right one
- Working practices – empowerment or impairment?
- Group dynamics • Individual motivators
- Developing Troubleshooting and Problem Solving skills
- Managing change
Operator, Maintainer, Designer Interface
- Cross functional working
- Effect of Maintenance strategy
- Functional analysis
- Concurrent Engineering, Design for Operation, Design for Maintenance
- Revisit Concepts, Tools and Techniques
- Case Studies
NOTE: Pre & Post Tests will be conducted
Case Studies, Group Exercises, Group Discussions, Last Day Review &Assessments will be carried out.
Define Management Consultancy & Training Certificate of course completion will be issued to all attendees.
A highly interactive combination of lecture and discussion sessions will be managed to maximize the amount and quality of information, knowledge and experience transfer. The sessions will start by raising the most relevant questions, and motivate everybody finding the right answers. The attendants will also be encouraged to raise more of their own questions and to share developing the right answers using their own analysis and experience All attendees receive a course manual as a reference.
- 30% Lectures
- 30% Workshops and work presentation
- 20% Group Work& Practical Exercises
- 20% Videos& General Discussions
4,500 US$ per participant for Public Training includes Materials/Handouts, tea/coffee breaks, refreshments & Buffet Lunch