Ref No: REFSM020
Title: Successful Fleet Management
Start Date: 21 February 2021 End Date: 25 February 2021
Venue: Dubai, UAE
In any of the 5 star hotels. The exact venue will be informed once finalized.
Public and private-sector organizations of many types and sizes operate fleets of vehicles and motorized equipment to fulfill their missions. Whether to meet the mobility needs of employees or customers; facilitate the delivery of goods and materials; or support manufacturing, construction, utility, public works, or other services, fleet management is a vital but often underappreciated area for many organizations. This course will give you the body of knowledge necessary to improve your current fleet planning, maintenance and management thinking. It will provide you with comprehensive and detailed information, coupled with an opportunity to discuss common challenges with your peer group of fleet management professionals.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- State the objectives of fleet management and the role of the fleet manager.
- Implement a fleet preventive maintenance program.
- Determine requirements for efficient workshops.
- Implement fleet safety and driver selection programs.
- Use capital budgeting techniques to perform vehicle replacement analysis.
- Optimize distribution vehicle routes.
- Implement Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and measure performance of the fleet.
- Fleet managers and coordinators,
- Maintenance managers and supervisors,
- Transportation planners,
- Fleet safety managers,
- Operations managers.
- Corrosion Basics
- Corrosion used by different HC streams (HP, LP, CRU lean gas, CRU 1st stage, X manifolds, export gas, Customer Networks etc)
- Differentiate between corrosion coupons, corrosion rings, corrosion probes, etc.
- Bacteria corrosion due to microbial, H2S & Water.
- Basic corrosion control in gas, oil & water
- Corrosion analysis and remedial actions
- Integrity Management
- Introduction to Fleet Management
- Definition of Fleet Management
- Objectives and Costs of Fleet Management
- Fleet Manager Profile
- Fleet Maintenance Management
- Roles and Responsibilities in Maintenance
- Preventive Maintenance Inspection
- Scope of Preventive Maintenance Programs
- Unscheduled Maintenance and Road Calls
- Tire Selection and Management
- Parts and Supply Management
- Vendor versus In-House Maintenance
- Workshop Management
- Workshop Layout and Tools
- Computing Workshop Productivity
- Facility and Bay Space Requirements
- Fleet Safety Management
- Elements of a Safety Program
- Reasons for Accident Prevention
- Driver Selection Criteria
- Fleet Skill Tests
- Road Accident Types
- Vehicle Selection and Replacement
- Vehicle Selection Criteria
- Own or Contract Analysis
- Vehicle Replacement Analysis
- Capital Budgeting Techniques
- Transportation Planning and Management
- Transportation Fundamentals and Optimization
- Factors Affecting Transportation Decisions
- Network Design Options
- Routing of Distribution Vehicles
- Possibilities Today – Tomorrow
- Fleet management systems
- Vehicle tracking systems
- Planning as a tool
- How to manage customer expectation
- Cost control and performance improvement
- Measuring and Improving
- Fleet Performance Fleet Measurement System
- Transportation Costs and Cost Ratios
- Transportation Asset Productivity
- Financial and Quality Indicators
- Cycle-Time Indicators
- Measuring and Improving Fleet Utilization
NOTE: Pre & Post Tests will be conducted
Case Studies, Individual & Group Exercises, Project works (making in to groups), Role plays, Group Discussions, Last Day Review & Assessments will be carried out.
Define Management Consultancy & Training Certificate of course completion will be issued to all attendees.
A highly interactive combination of lectures and discussion sessions will be managed to maximize the amount and quality of information and knowledge transfer. The sessions will start by raising the most relevant questions, and motivate everybody find the right answers. You will also be encouraged to raise your own questions and to share in the development of the right answers using your own analysis and experiences. Tests of multiple-choice type will be made available on daily basis to examine the effectiveness of delivering the course. All presentations are made in excellent colorful power point. Very useful Course Materials will be given.
- 30% Lectures
- 30% Workshops and work presentation
- 20% Group/individual Work or projects & Practical Exercises
- 20% Videos& General Discussions, Case studies etc…
4,500 US$ per participant. Fees Includes Course Materials/Handouts, Tea/ Coffee, refreshments, International Buffet Lunch.