Title: Pipeline Corrosion Integrity Management (PCIM)
Start Date: 23 January, 2023 End Date: 27 January 2023
Venue: Dubai, UAE
In any of the 5 star hotel. Exact venue will be informed soon.
Pipeline is the most reliable, efficient, safe and economic mode of transport for oil, gas, hydrocarbons and water. Pipeline corrosion can result in huge monetary losses and create safety hazards for people, assets and environment. Hence, Corrosion control is an important facet for ensuring integrity of the pipelines. PCIM needs to be followed to ensure safety and reliability of the oil and gas pipelines through a foundation of corrosion control, inspection, assessment, mitigation and communication. This course covers various aspects of corrosion of pipelines, methods available for prevention and cost effective life extension of existing pipeline while maintaining adequate safeguards for human life and the environment.
The aim of the course is to provide attendees with a common awareness of Pipeline Integrity Management and also the tools and techniques for producing integrity management plans. At the end of the course trainees should be able to:
- Understand how pipeline data is integrated and gathered in database structures;
- Identify the key pipeline degradation mechanisms and threats to pipeline integrity;
- Understand the principles of risk assessment and be able to conduct a simple risk assessment;
- Develop simple Pipeline Integrity Management plans;
- Select and apply appropriate inspection and assessment criteria for pipeline defects;
- Recommend appropriate Non Destructive Testing and repair methods for pipeline defects;
- Appreciate the industry software available for the management of pipeline integrity;
After completion of the course the participants will be able to:
- Understand the total structural integrity of process plant piping systems throughout their useful life
- Discover how the ASME B31.3 code has been correctly and incorrectly applied.
- Ensure the total structural integrity of process plant piping systems throughout their useful life.
- Discuss and apply the design requirements of the ASME B 31.3 Code.
- Achieve higher levels of maintenance excellence in refineries and other process plants.
- Examine and apply the maintenance and inspection requirements of API 570 to process plant piping systems.
The course is suggested for Electrical Engineers
- Electrical Technicians
- Power System Engineers
- Electrical Engineers
- Consulting Engineers
- Project Engineers
- Power System Technicians
- Electrical Contractors
- Section one - Pipelines systems
- Section two- Pipeline hazardous and toxic services
- Section three - Impact of corrosion of pipelines
- Section four - Pipeline system failures
- Section five - Hazard identifications
- Section six - Pipeline safety
- Section seven - Pipeline integrity management
- Section eight - Regulations
- Section nine- Implementing codes and standards
- Section ten - Defects & Threats
- Section eleven - High Consequences Areas
- Section twelve - Hazard identifications
- Section thirteen - Pipeline failure rates
- Section fourteen - Failure mode analysis
- Section fifteen - Failure consequences
- Section sixteen - Risk assessments
- Section seventeen - Assessment intervals
- Section eighteen - Baseline assessment plan
- Section nineteen - Integrity assessment
- Section twenty - Corrosion Monitoring
- Section twenty one - Fitness for purpose
- Section twenty two - Responses and mitigations
- Section twenty three - Repair methods
- Section twenty four - Assessment of remaining strength
- Section twenty five - Pipeline integrity management program (PIMP)
- Section twenty six - Incident investigation
- Section twenty seven - Continual improvement
Pre & Post Tests will be conducted
Case Studies, Group Exercises, Group Discussions, Last Day Review & Assessments will be carried out.
Define Management Consultancy & Training Certificate of course completion will be issued to all attendees.
A highly interactive combination of lectures and discussion sessions will be managed to maximize the amount and quality of information and knowledge transfer. The sessions will start by raising the most relevant questions, and motivate everybody find the right answers. The delegates will also be encouraged to raise their own questions and to share in the development of the right answers using their own analysis and experiences.
- 30% Lectures
- 30% Workshops and work presentation
- 20% Group Work& Practical Exercises
- 20% Videos& General Discussions
5,250 US$ per participant for Public Training. Fees Includes Course Materials/Handouts, Tea/Coffee, refreshments, International Buffet Lunch.