Ref No: REFSL011
Title: Logistics, Supply & Warehouse Management
Start Date: 15 November 2021 End Date: 19 November 2021
Venue: Istanbul, Turkey
In any of the 5 star hotels. The exact venue will be informed once finalized.
Since its inception in the early 1990's, the field of supply chain management has become tremendously important to companies in an increasingly competitive global marketplace. The term supply chain refers to the entire network of companies that work together to design, produce, deliver, and service products. In the past, companies focused primarily on manufacturing and quality improvements within their four walls; now their efforts extend beyond those walls to encompass the entire supply chain.
Today, warehousing play a critical role in assuring high level of customer service and overall logistics performance. Warehousing minimize the effective of supply chain inefficiencies, improve logistics accuracy and inventory management and allow product accumulation, consolidation and customization. In a world-class warehousing the cost of warehousing are minimized while improving customer service. The principles and systems described here are common demonstrate of world-class warehousing.
Come and experience our activity-based training course that ensures all participants understand the importance of warehousing. Participants will also have the chance to learn latest, effective logistics management and warehouse system in the manufacturing industry.
- The broad objective is to provide participants with conceptual tools and analytical frameworks to lead and deal with the challenges faced by logistics analytical frameworks to lead and deal with the challenges faced by logistics and supply chain executives.
- The course focuses on strengthening the participants' understanding of the complexities and analytics of logistics and supply chains and on developing effective operational strategies Maximize customer service and provide fast and accurate issuing.
- Plan and control the warehousing operation to minimize the operational costs.
- Guarantee safety to the warehouse personnel and facilities.
- Plan to develop the warehouse personnel.
- Plan to deal and work with the problems and constraints related to warehousing management.
This course is especially recommended for Heads of Department, Staff Officers, Managers and Analysts responsible for:
- Logistics Operations & Support
- Supply Chain Management
- Procurement, Acquisition & Sourcing
- Transportation & Fleet Management
- Material, Inventory & Resource Support
- Product Lifecycle Management
- Logistics Planning & Policy
- Those involved in warehousing (store) activities, both at the operational and supervisory levels.
- The program is also appropriate for anyone interested to know more about the interaction between warehousing and other logistics & materials management functions (purchasing, inventory control and distribution).
- Study the components of the entire supply chain.
- Building & Emphasis on collaboration and Competitive Operations & Planning and Logistics related to major functional areas required to organize the flow of products from inception through delivery to satisfy final customer needs.
- Managing Supplier and Customer Relationships
- Using Information Technology to Enable Supply Chain Management
Overview of Logistics Management
- Develop an understanding of the importance of logistics in the formation of business strategy and the conduct of supply chain operations.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of logistics operating areas and their interrelationship.
Introduction to Warehousing Management
- Objectives and Functions of Warehousing Management
- Problems in Warehousing
- Usages of Information Technology in the Warehouse
Inventory Classification and Inventory Record Accuracy
- The ABC Classification
- Uses of the ABC Classification
- Periodic and Cycle Counting
- Systems and Methodology of Counting
Organizing the Storage and Material Handling
- Layout of the Warehouse
- Storage Utilization and Organization
- Stock Location
- Fixed Versus Random Location
- Material Handling Equipment
- How to Improve the Receiving/ Issuing Material Handling Operations
Safety in the Warehouse
- Housekeeping and Safety in a Warehousing Environment
- Safety Hazards
- Unsafe Acts and Conditions
- Planning for Safety
Dealing with People-related Warehousing Problems
- Staff Management
- Corrective Guidance
Productivity in the Warehouse
- Definition of Productivity
- Causes of Lost Time
- Warehousing Management through Performance Analysis (KPIs)
Audit of a Warehouse
- Objectives of the Warehouse Audit
- Periodic and Intermittent Audits
- Components of the Audit
- Steps to Follow Before, During and After the Audit
NOTE: Pre & Post Tests will be conducted Case Studies, Group Exercises, Group Discussions, Last Day Review &Assessments will be carried out.
Define Management Consultancy & Training Certificate of course completion will be issued to all attendees.
A highly interactive combination of lectures and discussion sessions will be managed to maximize the amount and quality of information and knowledge transfer. The sessions will start by raising the most relevant questions, and motivate everybody find the right answers. You will also be encouraged to raise your own questions and to share in the development of the right answers using your own analysis and experiences. Tests of multiple-choice type will be made available on daily basis to examine the effectiveness of delivering the course. Very useful Course Materials will be given.
- 30% Lectures
- 30% Workshops and work presentation
- 20% Group Work& Practical Exercises
- 20% Videos& General Discussions
5,500 US$ per participant includes Training Materials/Handouts, Tea/Coffee breaks, Refreshments and International Buffet Lunch.