Ref No: REFLM019
Title: LABORATORY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
Start Date: 01 November 2021 End Date: 05 November 2021
Venue: London, United Kingdom
In any of the 5 star hotels. The exact venue will be informed once finalized.
The quality management of the laboratory according to an international standard is very important to enhance the laboratory system and laboratory environment. Laboratories use ISO 17025 to implement a quality system aimed at improving their ability to consistently produce valid results. A careful analysis of tasks and working with safety conditions will lead to redesign of the working environment that will enhance worker performance. The course provides advance knowledge and standard operation, calibration and troubleshooting of gas chromatography according to the ISO 17025 guideline.
- Understand the laboratory quality requirements and appreciate the need for a quality system according to the International Standards Organization ISO 17025.
- Understand the significance of calibration methods and traceability.
- Identify the factors which have to be considered when choosing a GC method.
- Understand how to validate analytical methods of gas chromatography.
- Recognize the characteristics of a laboratory environment which can affect the performance of gas chromatography and hence influence the validity of measurements.
- Use the standard methods for the gas chromatography operation, calculation and analyses report.
- Use a standard method for gas chromatography troubleshooting.
- Use a standard safety work in the laboratory.
The course is designed for people who implement, maintain and review laboratory quality systems. It is suitable for all laboratory staff including managers, quality assurance officers, lab technicians, chemists, chemical engineers and instrument engineers.
- LABORATORY QUALITY MANAGEMENT MANUAL ISO 17025
- Management Requirements
- Technical Requirements
- VALIDATION OF ANALYTICAL METHODS AND PROCEDURES
- Sampling Plan
- Quality of Sample
- Adequacy of Samples for Analysis Requested
- QUALITY IN THE ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY LABORATORY
- Introduction to Quality Assurance
- Selecting of the Method
- Selecting Equipment and Consumables
- Making Measurements and Reporting
- Quality Systems in Chemical Laboratories
- GAS CHROMATOGRAPHY TECHNIQUES AND OPERATION
- Carrier Gas Selection
- Regulator Selection
- Sample Introduction Components
- Selection of the Column
- Selection of the Detectors
- GAS CHROMATOGRAPHY THEORY PARAMETERS
- Theoretical Plate
- Retention Time
- Average Linear Rate
- Partition Ratio
- Capacity Factor
- Selectivity Factor
- Column Efficiency
- Column Resolution
- GC STANDARD ANALYSIS PROCEDURE AND REPORT ISO/IEC 17025
- QUANTITATIVE METHOD
- Calibration Using External and Internal Standards
- Instrumental Graph-Interpolated Method
- Product-Moment Correlation Coefficient
- Determination of Analyte Concentration
- Standard Addition-Extrapolated Method
- Detection Limit
- Confidence Limit
- Outliers Test
- Experimental Design and Optimization
- STANDARD METHODS FOR TROUBLESHOOTING
- Band Broadening
- Baseline Deviation
- Peak Shape Problems
- Split Peaks
- Negative Peaks
- Retention Changes
- Peak Size Problems
- SAFE WORK PRACTICES AND PROCEDURES
- DISCUSSION AND EXERCISE
Pre & Post Tests will be conducted
Case Studies, Group Exercises, Group Discussions, Last Day Review & Assessments will be carried out.
Define Management Consultancy & Training Certificate of course completion will be issued to all attendees.
A highly interactive combination of lectures and discussion sessions will be managed to maximize the amount and quality of information and knowledge transfer. The sessions will start by raising the most relevant questions, and motivate everybody find the right answers. The delegates will also be encouraged to raise their own questions and to share in the development of the right answers using their own analysis and experiences. Tests of multiple-choice type will be made available on daily basis to examine the effectiveness of delivering the course. Booklet, Power-Point presentations, Handouts, Videos, User group discussions and practices on case study
- 30% Lectures
- 30% Workshops and work presentation
- 20% Group Work& Practical Exercises
- 20% Videos& General Discussions
6,500 US$ per participant for Public Training includes Materials/Handouts, tea/coffee breaks, refreshments & Buffet Lunch