Ref No: REFSM021
Title: Oil Tanker Operations & Port Management.
Start Date: 13 December 2021 End Date: 17 December 2021
Venue: Munich, Germany
In any of the 5 star hotels. The exact venue will be informed once finalized.
- To provide a good understanding of Petroleum Terminal Management related particularly to marine movements, including:
- Independent Inspection
- Static and Dynamic measurements
- Sampling and Analysis
- Statistical Monitoring
- Applicable Standards
- Safety and the Environment
General Information on the following:
- Petroleum Terminal Definition.
- What is crude oil?
- How crude oil is purchased?
- The relation between the Commercial Port and Petroleum Terminal.
- Port Utilization (Calling / Departing).
- Port & Terminals Policy and procedures and conflict avoidance.
- Exchange Communicate between the Port / Terminals and Ships (Tankers):
- Ship’s Operators (Owners / Management)
- Ship’s Port Agent
- The measurement chain
- The importance of secondary measurements
- Land tank measurements
- Calculations – Petroleum Measurement Tables
- Explaining procedures and its compliance with the International Conventions’ and related liabilities to the International Marine Oil Refineries to the International Maritime Organization (IMO).
International expressions for:
- Terminal and Refinery schedule.
- Commercial Department
- Safety on board / on shore and Terminal Safety Rules.
The relation between:
- Tankers and Petroleum Terminal.
- International responsibility for terminal during
- Loading / Discharge Operations.
- Oil spill
This will lead us to IOPP Certificate
Monitoring and Statistical Analysis
- Statistical comparisons
- Pipeline Control
- The loss control group
- Fundamentals of Ship-Board Measurements
- Ship Shore Comparison
Sampling and Analysis
- Manual sampling
- Automatic sampling
- Sample handling
- How to Issue the final documents as per refinery commercial department.
- The calculations of the quantity on board and any shortage to be accepted as ASTM ANF API.
- Applying the commercial contract for quantity and quality, also applying the charter party (C/P) without any delay or demurrage.
- The International calculations for Tanker on loading / Discharge and times which to be tanker account, delay and safe time calculations.
- Protest letters which issued by tanker master or shipment surveyor, tanker agent, charter agent.
Pre & Post Tests will be conducted
Case Studies, Group Exercises, Group Discussions, Last Day Review & Assessments will be carried out.
Define Management Consultancy & Training Certificate of course completion will be issued to all attendees.
A highly interactive combination of lecture and discussion sessions will be managed to maximize the amount and quality of information, knowledge and experience transfer. The sessions will start by raising the most relevant questions, and motivate everybody finding the right answers. The attendants will also be encouraged to raise more of their own questions and to share developing the right answers using their own analysis and experience.
All attendees receive a course manual as a reference.
This interactive training workshop includes the following training methodologies
- 30% Lectures
- 30% Workshops and work presentation
- 20% Group Work& Practical Exercises
- 20% Videos& General Discussions
6,250 US$ per participant for Public Training includes Materials/Handouts, tea/coffee breaks, refreshments & Buffet Lunch