Title: Oil Sampling, Testing, Evaluation & Equipment
StartDate: 4 January 2021 End Date: 8 January, 2021
Fee: $ $6,500
Venue: London, UK
In any of the 5 star hotel. Exact venue will be informed soon.
Crude oil is the single largest traded commodity in the world. Proper sampling, analysis, and reporting of data according to established standards is of paramount importance, especially with the volatility in price, and the market proliferation of synthetic, high TAN, and extra heavy crude oils. Whether crude oil is refined in the near-term or stored for an extended period, it is fundamentally important that recognized procedures and standards be used in sampling and analysis. This is true from the time crude oil is produced, through transportation and interim storage, until it is ultimately refined. Analytical data must be accurate and reliable as they are the basis for decisions on whether a given crude oil can be effectively processed and yield the desired product slate. These data are also used by engineering personnel in planning refinery upgrades.
- Crude Oil History; Supply and Trading Patterns
- Definitions and Terms
- Quality Variations and Their Causes
- The Complexities of Crude Oil Composition
- Sampling Protocols
- Sampling Containers and Sample Integrity
- Composition and Classification
- Inspection Analyses (Cursory Assay)
- Comprehensive Analyses (Full Assay)
- Other Important Crude Oils and Fraction Properties
- Basics of Crude Oil Processing Evaluation
- Bitumen and Extra Heavy Crude Oils
- Crude Oil Quality (Case Studies)
- ASTM Crude Oil Proficiency Testing Program
- Challenges Presented to the Analyst by Heavier, Higher Sulfur Feed stock and Opportunity Crude Oils
- Future Needs in Crude Oil Characterization and Analytical Test Method Requirements
- Typical oilfield processing
- Production fluid treatment objectives
- Production fluid separation Emulsion
- Oil treatment basics
- Stoke’s law of settling theory or gravity separation
- De-emulsifier requirements and selection
- Group discussion on the chemicals used
Pre & Post Tests will be conducted
Case Studies, Group Exercises, Group Discussions, Last Day Review & Assessments will be carried out.
Define Management Consultancy & Training Certificate of course completion will be issued to all attendees.
A highly interactive combination of lectures and discussion sessions will be managed to maximize the amount and quality of information and knowledge transfer. The sessions will start by raising the most relevant questions, and motivate everybody find the right answers. The delegates will also be encouraged to raise their own questions and to share in the development of the right answers using their own analysis and experiences.
We help you to unlock & unleash the power within your large scale Trainings