Ref No: REFML060
Title: Problem Solving & Decisionmaking
Start Date: 30 May 2021 End Date: 03 June 2021
Venue: Dubai, UAE
In any of the 5 star hotels. The exact venue will be informed once finalized.
Problem solving and decision making is the art of seeing clearly through a problem, evaluating alternatives, selecting from available options, and take decisions that better serve the interest and wants of your organization. This seminar will introduce participants to the skills of problem solving and decision making through exploring how people create, un-intentionally, problems for themselves and the organization they serve, how to become pro-active for minimizing problems, and how to solve problems when faced with.
Upon completion of this course, you will gain an understanding of the following Problem Solving and Decision Making skills:
- Sources for problems
- Creating Problems, how to avoid it?
- Managing Resources
- Analyzing the problem
- The Basic steps for Problem Solving
- Preventing the problem
- The role of Planning, Knowledge, and Work processes in preventing problems from happening
- Negotiating a decision
- Working on Emergencies
Employees specialized in either Soft issues such as management and marketing , or Hard issues such as engineering and medical specialties, supervisors, and team leaders
The Psychology of Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Group problem solving exercise
- Introduction: Why study problem solving and decision making
- A synopsis of psychological thought
- Values, Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Psychological type and Lateral Thinking for Problem Solving
- What psychological type reveals about me and my preferences
- Using a team approach to encourage lateral thinking: ZIGZAG model
- Individual or group decision making: case studies
Developing Decision Making Skills
- Using your left brain & right brain to make decisions
- Split brain theory for developing effective problem solving skills
- Developing openness to new ideas in making decisions
- Promoting idea mobility in teams
- Understanding the creative solving process in individuals and teams
- IDEAL problem solving approach
Bring a Franklin Covey Leadership solutions to train your organization
- Overcoming the Execution Gap
- Steps to Effective Team Execution
- Achieve Your Goals Amid the Day-to-Day Demands
- Creating an Accountability System
- Turn Strategy Into Action
- Your brain - discover how the structure and functions of the brain is mirrored by the design of a Mind Map.
- Learning to learn - understand how we learn new skills and how to overcome the fear of failure.
- How to Mind Map - learn the basic technique of how to construct Mind Maps.
- Practice your Mind Mapping Skills - with a range of note-making, note-taking and learning applications.
- Action Planning - a chance to think through how you are going to use Mind Maps in your work environment and how to benefit from the skills learned on the course.
- Advanced Techniques - an opportunity to develop the Mind Mapping technique and see the power of your thinking expand.
- Mind Mapping Exercises - the opportunity to practice a greater range of applications tailored to your needs.
Applying Effective Decision Making Skills in the Workplace
- Encouraging creative problem solving for continuous improvement
- Removing blocks to creative problem solving
- Convergent versus Divergent Thinking
- Divergent Thinking Skills for solving problems
- Using SCAMPER techniques to approach problem solving
- Applying SCAMPER techniques to make effective decisions
Making Mental Blocks to Decision Making a Thing of the Past
- Challenging self-imposed assumptions
- Thinking outside the box
- Increasing new ideas
- Getting people behind your
- Evaluating new ideas
- Creative leadership during problem solving and decision making sessions
Effective Leadership and the Dynamic Problem Solving Team
- Ensuring alignment with corporate mission
- Encouraging self-initiated activity
- Endorsing Unofficial activity
- Enhancing Serendipity
- Importance of appreciating diverse stimuli
- Practicing within-company communication for problem solving
- Developing a personal action plan
NOTE: Pre & Post Tests will be conducted
Case Studies, Group Exercises, Group Discussions, Last Day Review & Assessments will be carried out.
Define Management Consultancy & Training Certificate of course completion will be issued to all attendees.
A highly interactive combination of lectures and discussion sessions will be managed to maximize the amount and quality of information and knowledge transfer. The sessions will start by raising the most relevant questions, and motivate everybody find the right answers. You will also be encouraged to raise your own questions and to share in the development of the right answers using your own analysis and experiences. Tests of multiple-choice type will be made available on daily basis to examine the effectiveness of delivering the course. Very useful Course Materials will be given.
- 30% Lectures
- 30% Workshops and work presentation
- 20% Group Work& Practical Exercises
- 20% Videos& General Discussions
• 4,500 US$ per participant for Public Training includes Materials/Handouts, tea/coffee breaks, refreshments & Buffet Lunch.